Wednesday, October 15, 2008

CHUM's Pictures

I have finally finished editing and sifting through over 1,700 pictures taken in about 4 hours (1 hour per class). There were a total of about 55 kids. A few of the kids had a hard time smiling but they all turned out wonderful.

I didn't know how exhausting it could be. I was trying to go quickly, knowing I only had about 4 minutes per child (length of my lunch break). I was literally drenching with sweat when I was done. But as you can see below, it was worth it.

I have already received a call from one mom saying these are the best pictures she has ever seen of her kids (which, if she normally goes to WalMart isn't saying much).

A huge thanks goes to Sarah (my wife) for all her efforts in making this possible. Sarah is such a great help. She has done most of the administrative stuff and even did some of the photo editing. She didn't even get to bed last night until almost 1am (not even child related). She is amazing.

Here are some samples of the pictures I took (my favorites).

This is actually two different girls, of course twins:



Another Boy:


Cute Boy:



We also did composites for most of the kids:




Cute Girl:




All in all, it was a great experience I hope to get to repeat next year.

5 comments:

Katie staten said...

I can't see the pics on this post for some reason.

Katie staten said...

The pics are there and they look great.

Kasey said...

Great job. Wow that's a lot of snap shots you had to take.

Kirkhams said...

Great work, Dave!!! Where do you get the fun backdrop sheets? You're an all around handy man--I still go two houses down and admire all your wood work you did to your house here in Northpointe East and now you take pictures professionally? Umm, WOW! I have high aspirations of getting a new nice camera and doing some of my own kids for the fun of it (Christmas wish list)! It's hard not to get into it when they're so little and cute! So good to be in touch with you guys!

Stacy

Kasey said...

You have an award waiting for you on my blog!!!